Healthier children do better in learning and in life. By enabling children to make positive changes in their behaviour regarding health and well-being, we will be helping them to reach their full potential in terms of achievement and fulfilment, as well as encourage good habits which will benefit them both now and in the future.
Cecil Road has gone beyond having National Healthy School Status, as we have demonstrated that we have met the criteria, established and maintained a foundation for health and well-being and continued to meet the criteria through a whole school approach.
Cecil Road Primary School is now an Enhanced Healthy School.
Cecil Road Primary School are part of the Tesco Eat Happy Project
The Tesco Eat Happy Project
We’re on a mission to get every child eating well. Let’s Get Cooking with the Tesco Eat Happy Project gives schools the chance to be part of a vibrant and established network of clubs, teaching children essential cooking skills.
There’s currently a network of almost 2,500 Let’s Get Cooking clubs supported by The Tesco Eat Happy Project.
By joining this project we hope to be inspiring and empowering a generation of children by giving them the skills and knowledge to make healthier food choices throughout their lives.
Funding Cecil Road Primary School will receive:
• £150 funding (£50 Tesco vouchers each term) from the Tesco Eat Happy Project to help cover the cost of ingredients and cooking equipment
• training for club leaders and volunteer helpers
• resources that have been specially designed for cooking clubs. From recipes, simple four-week lesson plans and safety advice to colourful wall charts and activity ideas
• support from our regional staff and head office team who can provide advice on every aspect of running your cooking club
• Tesco Eat Happy surprises and delights!