Welcome to Nightingale Class!
Hello everyone and welcome to our class page. We are a Year 2 Class and we are looking forward to a fantastic year ahead. Our teacher is Miss Honey and our teaching assistant is Mrs Climpson.
When we started in Year 2 we found out all sorts of information about Florence Nightingale. Here are some of the facts we know!
- Florence Nightingale went to the Crimean War to nurse wounded soldiers. She and her nurses saved many lives.
- Florence was born in 1820 and died in 1910.
- Florence Nightingale made hospitals cleaner places. She showed that trained nurses and clean hospitals helped sick people get better. She was the founder of modern nursing.
- The soldiers in hospital had a pet tortoise named Jimmy. You can see his shell at the Florence Nightingale Museum in London. We did a Big Write where a tortoise came to visit our class and we imagined what is must have been like to be Jimmy and what he would have seen.
- When Florence was a girl she had a pet owl named Athena. We really want to do a Big Write about the owl!
Thank you for reading our page.