Our School Council is an important part of our school’s Pupil Voice. Each class from Year 1 to Year 6 elect one representative who attend the regular meetings with Miss Southgate. Issues are discussed in Class Council Meetings and then the children’s views are brought to the School Council by the representatives.
We feel that the school council is an important way to teach children about the importance of democracy and decision-
Recent work by the School Council
- Election of new councillors for the current term.
- Reviewed their roles and responsibilities
- Visited the Food bank and helped with the collections.
- Proposed a permanent drop point for food in the school.
- Held a whole school assembly to share their experience of working at the food bank.
- Meeting was held between the council and Mrs Quigley to plan some changes around the school.
- Council members supported Remembrance Day by selling poppies around the school.
- School council ensure Christmas cards reach every pupil by setting up card collection points and timetabling daily deliveries.
Do you have an idea or something you think the School Council should discuss? Speak to Miss Southgate or your year group representatives.