Sports Premium Information
NULL he Government provides ring-fenced funding, jointly with the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, to help improve the provision of Physical Education and sport in Primary Schools. This funding was introduced for the academic year 2013-2014 and has continued to date..
We use this money to improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and ensure children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles. We feel this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
- To provide staff with targeted professional development, mentoring, training and resources
- To develop active, positive playtimes and lunchtimes for our children including training for adults and Play Leaders to support this, providing new markings on the playground and new equipment.
- To embed physical activity in to the school day and encourage active lifestyles - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- To develop a love of sport and physical activity by providing a broad range of sports and activities
- To encourage children to develop into healthy adults.
- To engage pupils in a leadership role that support sport and physical activity across the school
- To engage the non-engaged through targeted opportunities, such as C4L and The Brent School Mile and after school clubs.
- To provide opportunities for all children to participate in competitive sport including increased participation in the School Games.
The impact will be measured by:
- Increased participation in PE and Sport, including competitions
- Increased levels of fitness measured through The Brent Mile.
- Increased levels of physical activity at playtimes.
- Improved levels of staff knowledge and improved delivery of PE lessons.