School uniform is available to purchase at:
- The Sewing Shop, 4 Echo Square, Gravesend. To purchase items you can either visit the shop, order via the Internet at www.the-sewing-shop.co.uk or by telephone at 01474 536700.
Brigade which is an on-line company that can supply direct to your home address via www.brigade.uk.com. Please click the following link to go straight to our school uniform page: http://www.brigade.uk.com/direct
If your child is entitled to Pupil Premium please contact the school office as you will be entitled to a school uniform allowance. This voucher can only be used at The Sewing Shop.
At Cecil Road Primary School, we believe that our uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging;
- Is practical and smart;
- Identifies the children with the school;
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be);
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- Is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents;
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Grey trousers (short or long), skirt/trousers/pinafore
Blue polo shirt with logo.
Plain grey or white socks/tights
Dark school shoes (not trainers)
Blue school sweatshirt/cardigan with logo.
During the summer months, a summer dress may be worn.
PE / Sports Kit for boys and girls
- White T-shirt with school logo
- Black shorts
- PE Bag
- Plimsolls or trainers for outdoor activities
Swimming kits will be required and parents will be informed.
- One piece swimming costume or trunks
- A suitable sized towel
- Swimming hat
On health and safety grounds, we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. If a child wishes to have his/her ear(s) pierced, we ask that this be carried out at the beginning of the summer holiday, so that the healing process is complete by the time school starts again in September and the ear stud can be removed. In the rare cases when a child cannot remove their ear studs parents must provide plasters that the child can themselves apply to cover ear studs during PE lessons. If they are not covered the child will not be able to take part in the PE lessons. In these circumstances only plain studs may be worn. Inexpensive watches may be worn in Key Stage 1/2. However, if a watch is designed for games or making disruptive noises it should not be worn for school.
Hair and make-up
The school does not permit children to have extreme haircuts or colouring that could serve as a distraction to other children. Hair bands, clips etc. should be discreet designs in colours compatible with school colours and only used in order to keep hair in place. Long hair should be tied back for practical subjects, including P.E. Some hair ornaments may need to be removed for P.E. on the grounds of health and safety. No make-up or nail varnish may be worn during the school day. Similarly, temporary transfers or fake ‘tattoos’ are not appropriate.
All children require a coat in school when the weather is changeable, cold or wet. On hot sunny days children should be protected from the sun when outdoors by:
- Wearing a hat or cap
- Wearing an appropriate SPF sun-screen that has been applied at home, or that they have brought to school to apply themselves (adults in school are not permitted to apply sun-screen).